Tailoring the right solution for each business is what we are passionate about. Based on an initial chat with you, we'll be able to prepare a unique proposal for you and your business. We are based in Brisbane
Take a moment to connect with us using the form below, or call us directly on:
1300 255 337 (Mon. to Fri. 10 am - 4 pm):
Is your industry on the list? Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) Sandra Parker has announced the FWO priorities for 2019–20. It is time to get your Payroll compliant.
- Fast food, restaurants and cafes
- Horticulture and the harvest trail
- supply chain risks (ie where the subcontractor to the contract is underpaying)
- Sham contracting (where they really should be an employee but the contract means less pay)
Areas of concern that are highlighted
- FWO can force the provision of payroll records if there is a problem
- Payroll records must be kept and must be kept correctly.
- “falsifying or failing to keep records will not be tolerated”
- FWO will chase and enforce and seek penalties on employers who do not do what they were told by FWO
- Simply backpaying people for underpayment is not enough
In 2018–19 the FWO conducted over 2,500 audits. So far in 2019 they have issued 176 compliance notices. The anonymous report tool has received 10,000 tip-offs about the hospitality industry.
Staff turnover rates are at a ten year high of around 18%.
Half of younger workers leave their employment each year.
Small and medium business employ around 70% of all workers.
There are lots of employers … , no doubt, who do the right thing if it’s clear what they need to do. Luckily, the tools are there on our website to help them.