Tailoring the right solution for each business is what we are passionate about. Based on an initial chat with you, we'll be able to prepare a unique proposal for you and your business. We are based in Brisbane
Take a moment to connect with us using the form below, or call us directly on:
1300 255 337 (Mon. to Fri. 10 am - 4 pm):
Your ATO known income information is shared.
- incorrect personal financial assistance payments.
- tax evasion.
ATO conduct matching exercises within ATO systems to detect cases where:
- individuals are receiving more than one payment simultaneously.
- a lesser entitlement or no entitlement exists.
- a greater entitlement exists.
- income details of assistance agency payments are understated in tax returns.
Centrelink – Data Matching Agency
The ATO provides income information derived from tax returns to the Data-Matching Agency (DMA) – a separate agency within Centrelink – to determine the eligibility criteria for benefits and to help detect fraud within the welfare system.
Agencies request specific data. Where the ATO have then identified the client from data provided, the following data is returned to the DMA:
- personal identity
- declared income
- date of most recent taxation assessment
- amount of the spouse tax offset
- surname and any other name details of the spouse where a spouse offset has been claimed
- surname and any other name details
- an indicator, if the TFN is compromised.
Weekly – TFN declarations are notified to Centrelink, to ensure benefits are not paid after employment has commenced. Around 12% of these are found to be Centrelink clients.
Daily – income details for the purpose of administering family assistance entitlements and payment reconciliation and immediate recovery of outstanding debts to the Commonwealth.
Child Support Registrar
The Child Support Registrar has access to taxpayer income details (employment and investment income) via electronic transfer and direct access, for the purpose of assessing the amount of individuals' child support payments, and for garnishee action where appropriate.
Department of Home Affairs
Address information for individuals who have been classified as ‘illegal non-citizens’ are provided to assist in locating them.